Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to sound operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 180,000 employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a Better Connected World.
The size of our cloud platform is gaining momentum and it is already planet scale. Huawei Cloud is one of the largest and fastest-growing platforms in the world. It has strong presence with over 40 availability zones located across 4 continents and 23 geographical regions, covering locations such as Germany, Hong Kong, South Africa, or Brazil, among others.
Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
- Lead team design and research on next-generation container and lightweight, ultra-light Serverless infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the research, architecture design, and implementation of the next-generation container and serverless infrastructure. Focus on improving provisioning efficiency, reducing management overhead, increasing host scalability and interconnecting with Huawei hardware to support Huawei PaaS/SaaS success. Track the latest progress of industry and academia on computing virtualization technologies, actively participate in academic conferences, promote virtualization ecosystem construction and external cooperation, and improve the overall influence of Huawei cloud infrastructure.
- Track the latest progress of industry and academia on computing virtualization technologies, actively participate in academic conferences, promote virtualization ecosystem construction and external cooperation, and improve the overall influence of Huawei cloud infrastructure.
- MSc/PhD in computer science or other domain-related disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience in Linux kernel, Serverless, container-related development. Be familiar with the principles and implementation of mainstream virtualization technologies such as KVM, Xen, VMware under both X86 and ARM architecture.
- Be familiar with the principles and implementation of mainstream container technologies such as kata, containerd and lightweight virtualization technologies, such as gVisor, X-Container, Firecracker, and rust-vmm.
- Be familiar with the principles and implementation of kernel scheduling, memory management, interrupt processing and driver framework. Be familiar with kernel optimization methods on different architectures.
- Ability to read academic papers, write patent and communicate with external expert. Experience in community development and maintenance is preferred.
- Familiar with mainstream server CPU architectures and memory/storage technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team-work spirit, and independent working capability.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
What you can expect
- Meaningful work: Our products and solutions connect people in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
- Enormous investments in research, development and innovation: Huawei invests over 10% of its revenues in research and development, which enhances our competitiveness while driving industry and technology.
- Team spirit: At Huawei, we are proud of a strong social integration. Doors are open, and people collaborate with each other in a constructive and solution oriented manner.
- International work environment: Our business language is English and our team comprises unique experts from around 50 different countries.
- Robust growth across all business segments, thanks to balanced global presence and strategic focus.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the German Research Center in Munich together with us, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies with focus on customer satisfaction is one of our missions. Join us!