Huawei is a leading provider of information and communications solutions. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established highly-competitive end-to-end capabilities and strengths across the carrier networks, enterprise, consumer, and cloud computing fields. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries and regions serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s vision is to bring digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world. By leveraging our experience and expertise in the telecom sector, we help bridge the digital divide and give people the opportunity to join the information age, regardless of their geographic origin.
Huawei’s Munich Research Centre is responsible for advanced technical research, architecture evolution design and strategic technical planning in embedded system (wireless, edge computing, automotive domain, etc.).
Software Functional Safety Architect (m/f/d)
- Drive the design and development of functional safety requirements in OS and Middleware (e.g. Adaptive AUTOSAR) and functional decomposition for (a) specific functional domain(s).
- Responsible for functional safety requirement analysis, design. Define the functional safety concept or requirements for the relevant system, OS and middleware level software according to ISO26262.
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage hazard analysis, safety concepts, and DFMEA for the relevant system/domain. Take ownership of these work products including their approvals.
- Support software component functional safety certification.
- Clarification of software requirements with customer, supplier, partner and other relevant inter-departments. Guide the entire prototyping and agile software life-cycle. Make decisions about the realization of the designed key technical solutions, participate in team-work and provide guidance for the team to make the solutions a reality.
- Protect intellectual property and disseminate innovative research results in the community.
- Masters with 8+ years’ experience, PhD with 5+ years’ experience in automotive software.
- Deep knowledge of Functional Safety standards, such as ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508. And related technique, such as STPA/STAMP, SOTIF.
- Background with SEooC and ASIL D certificated knowledge.
- Familiar with automotive or equivalent software development process and the V-Model system development, verification and validation framework. Experience with functional safety tools.
- A collaborative approach to working closely with development teams.
- Understanding of the product safety responsibility share between supplier and OEM.
- The willingness and ability to travel are required.
- Having Professional or Expert level certification from TUV is a plus.
- Fluent in English, German and Chinese is a plus.
What you can expect
- Meaningful work: Our products and solutions connect people in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
- Enormous investments in research, development and innovation: Huawei invests over 10% of its revenues in research and development, which enhances our competitiveness while driving industry and technology.
- Team spirit: At Huawei, we are proud of a strong social integration. Doors are open, and people collaborate with each other in a constructive and solution oriented manner.
- International work environment: Our business language is English and our team comprises unique experts from around 50 different countries.
- Robust growth across all business segments, thanks to balanced global presence and strategic focus.
If you are enthusiastic to shape the German Research Center in Munich together with us, being part of a multicultural team and growing environment, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies with focus on customer satisfaction is one of our missions. Join us!