This role could be onsite or fully remote from one of the following countries: Germany, Spain.
At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international agile Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
The Core Human Resource Domain is on a mission to empower organizations for employee self-service and remarkable employee management, integrated across domains.
We are building our product around the employee lifecycle events, getting hired, getting promotions, getting married, leaving the company, and following the direct implications of these lifecycle events - for employees, managers, and HR managers.
Like all our domains we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers, and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2023. Join us and help shape the Core HR Domain journey for Personio.
- High-performing teams: build driven and high-performing teams by focusing on the development of our engineers
- Maximizing impact: collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute the most impactful initiatives
- Architecture: work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, and secure products
- Engineering culture: build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy, and inclusivity, not just within your team but the whole department.
- Technical excellence: leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices
What You Will Get:
What you need to succeed
- Autonomy: you’ll have the freedom to not just build a vision but to make it a reality
- Transparency: we’re very transparent about the decisions we make and the motivations behind them
- Feedback: we firmly believe in learning from each other. We embrace the principle of giving and receiving feedback
- Opportunity: you have the opportunity to directly contribute to the department, and not just your team, by being involved in processes like recruiting, performance and development, onboarding and much more
- Diversity: the best workplaces are diverse and we celebrate that diversity in all aspects
- Flexibility: there is no one size fits all, so we do our best to understand and be flexible towards what makes you the most effective
- Over 3 years of hands-on people management experience. You’ve managed and grown high-performing teams by focusing on the engineers.
- Over 6 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable distributed systems
- You have a proven track record building teams that focus on impact, technical excellence, and transparency
- You have an ability to to lead and make decisions to push forward. You’re comfortable owning even the most ambiguous problems and defining the road ahead
- You are data driven in your decision making
- You lead from the front and are ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team in any way.
- You have a passion for building reliable systems and have experience with microservices architecture.
- You have excellent communication skills. Within the team and across the organisation you can communicate transparently and effectively
- You have excellent English language skills
Aside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
We’re using technology to revolutionize the way HR operates, transforming the way millions of people experience work every day. In June 2022 we raised a second Series E funding of $200 million, allowing us to turbocharge this change and making Personio the fastest-growing and most valuable HR technology company in Europe.
- A competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and pre-IPO equity
- 28 days of paid vacation, plus another additional day after 2 and 4 years (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- 2 Impact Days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society – one for an individual project of your choice and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with our office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- High-impact working environment with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Receive generous family leave, child support, mental health support, and sabbatical opportunities with PersonioCares
- Save money with corporate discounts across brands like Adidas, LG, Bosch, Apple, and more
- Invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme, including a Personio contribution
- Choose between green mobility options, including a JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Access multiple fitness studios and sports facilities across Germany for €22 per month with a subsidized Qualitrain membership
- A beautiful, spacious office in the heart of Munich, complete with professional espresso machines, free drinks and snacks, and indoor and outdoor break spaces
With over 6,000 customers and a team of 1,500 in seven offices across Europe, now is the perfect time to join! We’re hiring talented, impact-driven individuals who want to be more than just another employee. Will you be one of them?
Personio is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to building an integrative culture where everyone feels welcomed and supported. We #EmbraceUniqueness and understand that our diverse, values-driven culture makes us stronger. As we continue to scale, we focus on enabling our employees to grow both personally and professionally.
We are proud to have an inclusive workplace environment that will foster your development no matter your gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, education level, or race.