Imagine yourself designing and implementing the next breakthrough AI/Machine-Learning services, enabling AI for everyone at the start of the company's explosive growth.Your profile
We automate the processing of images, audio, video, and text using AI so people can be more human. Our Unified AI Platform for unstructured data processing has been adopted by leading insurance, financial services, retail, technology, agriculture, and testing, inspection, and certification (TIC) services companies. We strive to democratize access to artificial intelligence and use AI to enrich the human experience.
What you'll do:
- Define, develop and perform performance/scalability benchmarks.
- Oversee the system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements.
- Efficiently working with various profiling tools to identify performance and concurrency bottleneck, propose and implement optimizations to improve the product.
- Mentor fellow engineers
- Lead application architecture decisions
- Support troubleshooting of customer reported scale and performance bugs
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product managers
- Write well-designed, maintainable & testable code
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated senior scalability and performance engineer who can help drive performance and scaling optimizations as super.AI. Our ideal candidate is someone who loves to collaborate with others but can also work independently to take an idea from concept to implementation.
- Smart, humble, hardworking, and collaborative
- By smart we don't necessarily mean high IQ (although a huge plus), but an affinity toward learning. We want to automate as much as possible so we can focus on the few things that require human intelligence and creativity.
- By humble we don't mean submissive or unambitious, we mean it in the same way Roger Federer is humble.
- By hardworking, we don't mean long hours (be with your family). What we mean is while you're here you're doing the best work of your life. It means being disciplined, professional, focused, gritty, resilient, and resourceful.
- By collaborative, we don't mean submissive or deferential, it means taking leadership from everywhere. "I'm taking responsibility to fix this system", if there's a lack of trust "I'm going to address it" if goals are unclear "I'm going to deal with it", it's about being a meritocracy
- All four of the above are required. We all know people missing one of these and it's not nice to work with them (e.g. someone who is smart and hardworking but not humble and collaborative).
- The people we like the most are smart but humble
- Wants to win no matter what, but will not cross lines of integrity to get there
- Strong beliefs weakly held, etc.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Develop solutions to evaluate and improve performance and scalability
- You love large complex systems. Experience in working on distributed systems or a passion for finding edge cases that appear at scale.
- Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools
- Analyze performance issues and propose/perform application changes
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Expert in distributed computing system and stack
- Passionate to optimize the performance bottlenecks and improve the product
- Solid foundational knowledge of Java, Python
- Familiarity with container frameworks such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with the latest machine learning infrastructure developments is a plus
- Expert knowledge of HTTP load generation/measurement software
- Skilled with web development technology
- Broad, general knowledge of internal technologies, such as load balancers, firewalls, and database servers
- Expert knowledge of database scalability and profiling (sharding, query optimization, high-performance configuration).
- Strong communication skills with peer developers
- Team player
If this resonates with you, it would be amazing to get to know each other.
- We believe AI is going to be the most impactful technology ever invented. It may be the last technology we ever needed to invent as humans. We don’t want it to be in the hands of the few, but the hands of the many. Our technology promises to transform the way AI is created and consumed to make this vision possible.
- We are searching for the best-of-the-best to build a massive company, but at the same time a company where people are happy with their lives, feel healthy, passionate and satisfied.
- We're 30 people and have just launched, so you will have the opportunity to shape things from the beginning and see the company grow
- Although super.AI is young, this is not our first rodeo: our CEO previously founded a few hundred person company, and between us we've held senior positions at Google, Amazon, Adobe, Microsoft, McKinsey