Hi. We are Gorillas. We do on-demand grocery delivery in minutes. Since our initial launch in May 2020 we have built over 200 warehouses and expanded to more than 60 cities across 9 countries. Today our diverse crew of 12,000 employees are spreading change in the communities we serve. True to our need for speed, in March 2021 we became Europe’s fastest-ever unicorn company. And with $1.3B total funding raised to date, we’re just getting started.
Objectives of this Role:
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals,
- You will train and manage your own warehouse team consisting of supervisors, inventory associates, operations associates and riders to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach both short and long-term performance goals,
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics,
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations,
In this role you will:
- Develop and lead warehouse team: Hiring process, shift scheduling, coaching and feedback
- Accountability for warehouse performance: Full P&L responsibility, review KPI (cost, quality, delivery, people) board daily and define actions for improvement
- Stakeholder management: Ensure good relationships with neighbors, customers, shift leads, bike crew, Back Office, suppliers and landlord
- Jumps into operations if necessary (e.g replacing supervisor)
- Be responsible for the compliance of your store in line with company guidelines and health and safety standards
- Manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency,
- Inspect equipment, tools, and bikes regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed,
What we expect from you:
- Analytical skills: You understand the main KPIs and can define and implement improvement actions
- Management skills: You are able to communicate rules and guidelines in a clear and structured way and conduct process confirmations to ensure adherence;
- Communication skills: You can carry out structured communication with the different members of your team, coaching them and providing feedback. Clear and efficient communication with all stakeholders.
- An extremely proactive and process oriented mindset, with the ability to get your hands dirty when need be.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities.
- The ability to take feedback and excel under pressure.
- You should be fluent in English and in German
- You will report to the Operations Manager
- Supervisors report to the Warehouse Manager
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career progression by joining one of Europe’s fastest-growing startups
- Steep learning curve from day one.
- Cool, dynamic team with a great working culture
- Flexible working arrangements, plus warehouses located across the city
- This role gives you a holistic insight into the business operations and will enable you to work in almost any other department within Gorillas
- A 25% discount on all your Gorillas deliveries ❤️
Gorillas is an equal opportunity employer, which means we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.